Effective as of April 18, 2021
Information We Collect on Behalf of Our Customers
If you use our Websites outside of the United States, you understand and consent to the transfer of information we collect from or about you to, and the collection, processing, and storage of information about you in, the United States and elsewhere. The laws in the U.S. and these countries may be different than the laws of your country.
Your rights: You may have the right to know what we know about you. You can make a request via email to: [email protected]. Please include your name, email address in question and city, state and country of residence. We will confirm which rights- access, deletion, portability or rectification- we are obligated to fulfil. We may then collect further information to verify your identity. Please allow up to 45 days for this process to be completed.
- Sales, including our sale of products through resellers, distributors, partners, and third-party marketplaces.
- Our marketing and advertising programs.
- Investor relations.
- Management of our websites and apps in relation to any of the above.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your: name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, job title, employer name, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline and which is defined as person or personally-identifiable information under an applicable law. This includes any personally identifiable information you disclose on our social media platforms and sites when you browse or interact with our products and services.
- About you or your customers’ experiences with Deduce’s products and services, including with our website and mobile services.
- Concerning the interactions between you and our customers online properties, including any usage and security-related data such as information about authorized or unauthorized log-in attempts
- Information you provide us whether as an actual or prospective customer, or through our interactions with your employees, such as your customer services team responsible for fraud prevention or detection.
- Unique identifiers such as the IP address or operating system which are assigned to a device that is being used to access our website.
- From third parties and offline sources, such as our partners, vendors, data brokers, marketing and analytics providers, referral information that may have been provided from our other customers.
- From publicly available sources.
When necessary to meet our obligations under applicable law, we may also collect personal data and in turn may notify our customers to do the same.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OR ABOUT YOU
Deduce may use and share personal data for the following types of purposes:
- To provide, review and improve Deduce’s products, services and websites and operations, including for the customization of our products and services.
- For enhancing our understanding of our current and prospective customers’ needs and interests.
- Responding to requests for information.
- Analyzing and compiling trends and statistics, including performing market research and conducting surveys.
- For security, IT management, and related research, including for the collective defense of fraud prevention, fraud detection and cybersecurity threats.
- To facilitate the processing of payments.
- For internal business purposes and to facilitate our relationships with our customers, partners, and vendors.
- To market, advertise and promote Deduce’s services and to contact users for research, informational or marketing purposes.
- To provide business continuity, manage our operations or improve our security.
- To comply with any law, court order, legal process or legal terms, or based on our good-faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with any law, court order, legal process or legal terms; to cooperate with police and other governmental authorities; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our customers and visitors to our websites, applications and other platforms through which our services and products are offered to the public.
- To process or engage in a sale of all or part of our business, or if we go through a reorganization, merger or a comparable event.
- For communicating with you.
- To prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal
- For any other purpose with your consent or to fulfill any other purpose requested by you.
In using and sharing any personal data, we may use personal data that we have gathered from one type of service or product or one portion of our website and use it in combination with other services and products we offer or on other parts of our website. We may also use or combine the personal data with information that we collect offline or we collect or receive from third-party sources for any number of reasons, including to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of our records. Additionally, information collected from a particular browser or device may be used with another computer or device that is linked to the browser or device on which such information was collected.
Data Retention: We may retain information we collect from or about you for as long as reasonably required to satisfy the purposes for which we have collected the information, or as contractually obligated, or as required by law, whichever is longer. This means we will retain information about you both while you are an active user of our products, services, or websites and after you cease to be an active user.
4. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OR ABOUT YOU
We may share personal data with, for example:
- Our affiliates.
- Our customers with whom you have an existing business or contractual relationship; we may share information that personally identifies you with entities that use our service.
- Security researchers and security service providers, including those that offer services for the collective defense of fraud prevention, fraud detection and cybersecurity threats.
- Third party service providers, including our subcontractors: we engage third-party service providers to perform functions on our behalf such as hosting, content syndication, content management, technical integration, marketing, analytics, customer service, and payment processing. These third parties may have access to information about you when needed to perform their functions.
- Joint marketing partners.
- Governmental entities
- Law enforcement or other entities involved in legal processes: we may use or disclose information we collect from or about you if required to do so by law or on the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or in connection with our products, services and websites; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, our products, services and websites, or our users; (c) respond to a third party that alleges that you or any of customers have infringed their intellectual property rights; or (d) act to protect the personal safety of us, users of our products, services and websites, or for the welfare of the public.
Our uses and disclosures of your personal data are also subject to our contractual obligations.
For information about how to manage information about you and the choices you have, see the Your Choices section below.
5. DEDUCE’S LEGAL BASIS FOR THE COLLECTION, USE AND SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA?
The laws in many jurisdictions, particularly in the EU, require data controllers, such as Deduce, to inform you about the legal grounds that allow them to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent any such laws apply to Deduce’s handling, use or sharing of personal data, Deduce’s lawful basis of processing is as follows:
- Legitimate interests: We handle personal data because it furthers the legitimate interests of Deduce, its customers, business partners, and its third party vendors in business activities such as the ones listed below:
- Fraud prevention and detection
- By allowing us to enhance our customers’ cybersecurity and the cybersecurity of their online properties and other information technology assets
- To protect our customers, their business activities and/or their customers
- Providing customer service, namely collecting the data, analyzing it, and providing risk scores and related data to our customers to assist them with protecting the security of their online properties. Depending on the customer, this processing is also justified by its necessity for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest (i.e., cybersecurity, including the protection of personal data).
- To improve our promotional and marketing initiatives
- To analyze trends and conduct research about improving Deduce’s services and products
- Identifying business and legal risks and conducting assessments of the same
We do not believe that our handling of data unduly impact your interests, rights, and freedoms.
- Contractual Obligations: In many instances, our handling of personal data is necessary to meet our contractual obligations, or because we are planning to enter into a contract.
- Legal compliance: Disclosure and use of personal data may be required to ensure our compliance with our legal obligations under applicable laws.
6. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We work with third-party companies who also use these technologies to provide advertisements on third-party websites. These third parties may use these technologies to collect information about you when you use our products, services or websites. They may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may also use persistent identifiers to track your Internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond our products, services and websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content. While we do not knowingly provide these entities with information that personally identifies you, such third parties may, with sufficient data from other sources, be able to personally identify you, unbeknownst to us.
Some content, applications, and advertisements on our websites or displayed during our services may be served by unaffiliated third parties. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any product, service or website not owned, licensed, otherwise operated by us to which our product, service, or websites link or that links to our products, services or websites.
7. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW INFORMATION ABOUT YOU IS USED AND SHARED
In many instances, you have choices about the information you provide and how we use that information. These choices are described below. In addition, you may have certain choices with those businesses that use our services.
Marketing Emails: By providing us with an e-mail address, you acknowledge that we may use your e-mail address to communicate with you. While you cannot opt-out of receiving notifications and other service-related communications regarding your account or your transactions, you can opt-out of receiving promotional and other marketing emails from us by using the “unsubscribe” feature in our marketing e-mails.
Interest-Based Advertising Choices: You also have choices related to interest-based advertising. Many browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Note that if you choose to remove cookies, you may remove opt-out cookies that affect your advertising preferences.
Many of the third-party advertisers that place tracking tools on our websites or through a service that we are offering are members of programs that offer you additional choices regarding the use of information about you for advertising. You can learn more about the options available to limit these third parties’ use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings. For more information about how to change these settings, see the support information for Apple, Android or Windows devices.
Please note that opting-out of participating advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our products, services or websites or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these industry programs.
8. INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
If you are a resident of California you can visit our State Site Policy page for more information on your rights with respect to our use of your data.
9. INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS LOCATED IN THE EU AND SWITZERLAND
This section applies to our processing of personal data that we collect through the Website and from our clients when we provide our services to them, as described above. We process personal data on the following legal bases: with your consent, to comply with laws applicable to us, and as necessary for our legitimate interests where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms related to data privacy. Personal data we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates, subcontractors, or clients maintain facilities.
Individuals that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to certain rights. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal data prior to accessing any records containing information about you. These rights include the ability:
- to request from us access to personal data held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing; and
- to request that we restrict our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
To submit a request to exercise your rights, please contact us at [email protected]. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to respond to your request, or respond to it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
10. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Users Under Thirteen (13): Our products, services and websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our websites or through our services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through any of Deduce’s products, services or websites, make any purchases, use any of the interactive or public comment features of Deduce’s products, services or websites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, email address, telephone number, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
276 5th Ave Suite 704 #950, New York, NY 10001