B2C businesses face two interlocking customer authentication problems.
1. Good customers get frustrated when the sites and apps they use don’t recognize them, so requiring MFA can drive them away. More than 60% of consumers surveyed by the CMO Council said they’ve abandoned transactions because authentication was such a hassle.
2. ATO attacks on existing customer accounts endanger revenue and customer relationships. No wonder that 72% of global financial institutions say ATO is their biggest fraud worry, per Information Security Media Group.
Authenticating returning customers accurately, with minimal friction, requires real-time behavioral intelligence at scale. Until now, that’s something only data rich MAMAA companies — Meta, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, and Alphabet — could access.
In this CIAM Solution Brief, you’ll learn:
- How to stop ATO fraud and reduce sign-in friction for trusted customers by >50%.
- How to extend session time and reduce password recovery friction for trusted users.
- How Deduce helps you build the foundation for a passwordless authentication journey.
Dedicated to democratizing risk and fraud technologies, Deduce prevents consumer-facing Account Takeover (ATO) and registration fraud via the constantly growing Deduce Identity Network—the largest real-time identity graph across cyber risk and fraud in the U.S. today with over 500M profiles and in excess of 1.4B daily activities. The Identity Insights and seamlessly integrated Customer Alerts products are accessible via a developer-friendly deployment model. Honors and awards include Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and #1 in the Security category, 2021 Fortress Cyber Security, Global InfoSec, and silver Edison Awards, as well as spotlights from CSO, Artificial Intelligence Excellence, and more. To learn more, please visit deduce.com.