Who We Are:
Deduce is a fast growing, venture capital backed Cybersecurity startup on the forefront of empowering a more efficient, resilient, and effective cybersecurity industry. We’re building products, big data infrastructure, and APIs that identify fraudulent account activity and compromise – powering businesses and developers to stop fraud in its tracks.
Our leadership team has a history of proven success prior to launching Deduce. They’ve grown, built and gone through 4 acquisitions and recently raised a Series A that will propel us into a hyper stage of growth. If you have a passion for cybersecurity, accessibility, or positive impact – we are your people and now is the time to join us.
About the role:
We are looking to hire a Lead Python Developer with strong programming skills and big data knowledge to provide oversight to our production code quality and work alongside our cutting edge data scientists and data analysts. Your work in this role will help to enhance fraud detection models on our big data platform that protects businesses and customers from unauthorized account access, data leakage, and identity fraud.
This role focuses on the successful production deployment and production support of machine learning models. Models will generally be python-based within our current tech stack (AWS, Python, PySpark, Databricks, Pandas, Postgres, SQL, Kafka, Redis).
This is a limited opportunity to join at this early stage and have an immediate impact on the trajectory and growth of our business as we scale.
- Read and review code from other developers to reduce bugs, improve implementations, and expand your knowledge
- Refactor code for readability, reusability, efficiency, and robustness
- Build highly robust, reactive systems and tools using test-driven design with decent code coverage, deployed over CI/CD
- Convert abstract models into production-ready models
- Develop solutions to make architecture and microservices highly scalable, resilient, maintainable, and secure.
- Collaborate with model owners to clarify model intention
- Test and debug ETL, data scripts, and related applications
- Lead model release process
- Develop software services which perform important data processing functions, such as ETL and data source federation
- Write high-quality code that follows software engineering best practices and facilitates collaboration and re-usability by other team members
- Become an expert in the Deduce platform, products, and APIs
- Work collaboratively with Customers, Product, and Engineering to productionalize machine learning models, optimize pipelines, and scale AI projects
- Work closely and gather data from the Data Science team and problem solve within our current tech stack (AWS, Python, Pandas, PySpark, Databricks, Postgres, SQL, Kafka, Redis)
- Collaborate and lead teams through implementation of data feature requests
- Enhance and maintain the infrastructure powering our analytics and data products
- Experiment with available tools and lends advice on new tools in order to determine optimal solutions
- Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related field
- 5+ years of software application development experience with strong programming skills in Python; SQL skills also critical
- 1+ years of experience in an oversight role, providing to production code quality
- Portfolio of high-quality code demonstrating software-engineering best practices
- Proven success writing and deploying software within cloud environments, ideally AWS
- CI / CD exposure
- Exposure to scalable real-time systems in a production environment is a plus
- Experience with ETL, data pipeline creation to load data from multiple data sources
- Knowledge of large data sets and experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience in fraud prevention / cybersecurity in ecommerce, fintech, banking or for a fraud solution product is a plus
- Ability to work as an effective, collaborative member within a small team environment – we all get our hands dirty and are excited about building something for the first time
- Strong analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Proven success as both a self-starter and a considerate team player
- Remote-first culture – we’re a distributed team located across the US and Canada
- Premium health care benefits – 100% paid for employee and dependents
Deduce is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We encourage and strongly support workplace diversity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.