Who We Are:
Deduce is a fast growing, venture capital backed Cybersecurity startup on the forefront of empowering a more efficient, resilient, and effective cybersecurity industry. We’re building products, big data infrastructure, and APIs that identify fraudulent account activity and compromise – powering businesses and developers to stop fraud in its tracks.
Our leadership team has a history of proven success prior to launching Deduce. They’ve grown, built and gone through 4 acquisitions and recently raised a Series A that will propel us into a hyper stage of growth. If you have a passion for cybersecurity, accessibility, or positive impact – we are your people and now is the time to join us.
About the role:
We are looking to hire a Lead Data Engineer with strong programming skills and big data knowledge to work alongside our cutting edge data scientists, data analysts, and engineering. Your work in this role will help to enhance fraud detection models on our big data platform that protects businesses and customers from unauthorized account access, data leakage, and identity fraud.
This is a limited opportunity to join at this early stage and have an immediate impact on the trajectory and growth of our business as we scale.
• Become an expert in the Deduce platform, products, and APIs
• Work collaboratively with Customers, Product, and Engineering to productionalize machine learning models, optimize pipelines, and scale AI projects
• Develop large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights
• Work closely and gather data from the Data Science team and problem solve within our current tech stack (AWS, Python, PySpark, Databricks, Postgres, SQL, Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch)
• Create extract, transform, and load (ETLs) and reporting systems for new data using a variety of traditional as well as large-scale distributed data systems
• Work closely with analysts to productionize various statistical and machine learning models using data processing pipelines
• Collaborate to assist teams through implementation of data feature requests
• Enhance and maintain the infrastructure powering our analytics and data products
• Experiment with available tools and lends advice on new tools in order to determine optimal solutions
• Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related field
• 5+ years of data engineering, data management and/or transformation experience
• Experience with ETL, data pipeline creation to load large data sets from multiple data sources
• Experience wrangling large sets of data
• Strong programming skills in Python required; SQL skills also critical
• Experience working with scalable real-time systems in a production environment; AWS experience is an asset
• Experience in fraud prevention / cybersecurity in e-commerce, fintech, banking or for a fraud solution product is a plus
• Exposure to scalable real-time systems in a production environment is a plus
• Ability to work as an effective, collaborative member within a small team environment – we all get our hands dirty and are excited about building something for the first time
• Proven success as both a self-starter and a considerate team player
• Remote-first culture – we’re a distributed team located across the US and Canada
• Premium health care benefits – 100% paid for employee and dependents
Deduce is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We encourage and strongly support workplace diversity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.