Who We Are
We are a diverse team passionate about empowering a more efficient, resilient, and effective cybersecurity industry. Today we’re building data infrastructure and APIs that identify fraudulent account activity and compromise, powering businesses and developers to stop fraud in its tracks. We’re orchestrating a concerted defense with a suite of simple fraud detection products.
The Team For You
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Director of Data Science to help customers realize value and enhance fraud detection models on our big data platform, that protects businesses and customers from unauthorized account access, data leakage, and identity fraud. If you have a passion for cybersecurity, accessibility, or positive impact – we are your people. It’s early, so you’re joining a team of ~10 dedicated professionals where you’ll make a real impact.
The Impact From You
Get in on the ground floor and leverage your experience and abilities to shape products, build predictive data models, develop new approaches, and prove real ROI for Deduce customers. The ideal candidate is equally comfortable analyzing data and prototyping in Python, as meeting with customers to prove efficacy and has experience translating models to production code.
- Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related field
- 5+ years working in a Data Science focused role for a SaaS company
- Proficient at writing code in Python, querying in SQL, and using tools like Pandas to create meaningful data insights and analysis
- Experienced at creating algorithms and applying machine learning data models to solve real business problems and creating a competitive market advantage
- Experience working with scalable real-time systems in a production environment; AWS experience is an asset
- Experience in fraud prevention / cybersecurity in ecommerce, fintech, banking or for a fraud solution product
- Become an expert in the Deduce platform, products, and APIs
- Work collaboratively with Customers, Product, and Engineering
- Research and apply data science / machine learning approaches to create new models and signals with a focus on creating actionable security insights
- Translate data models into prototypes; evaluate technical feasibility and transform ideas from concepts to production systems
- Work with customer data to report on and complete evaluations / proof-of-concepts; calculating efficacy and ROI
- Research and implement new technologies for the purposes of improving our data pipeline and architecture
- We’re a distributed team located across the USA and Canada
- Expect top notch health care benefits
- 401k plan
- Functional startup-up swag
Are you the one we are looking for?Apply Now
Remote (US / CA)